FINECLEAN operate the business as a domestic and commercial cleaning service provider under the following terms and conditions. The term “cleaning” does not include the removal of oil, paint, varnishes or other such substances or the cleaning of carpets (other than vacuuming unless requested and agreed by FINECLEAN). We function as an employment and not an agency.
FINECLEAN reserves the right to make amendments to these conditions without giving prior notice. By requesting FINECLEAN to provide service by any means including telephone, email, fax, booking form, website and or direct conversation – the client accepts that these terms and conditions are binding.
Domestic and Commercial – General Clean and/or End of Tenancy, Spring Clean, Deep Clean as well as Oven, Window and Carpet Clean (inc. Landlord Pack, Student Pack, Office Pack, Retail Pack and Nightclubs, Bars and Restaurant Pack):
- Unless otherwise requested and agreed prior to first visit the CLIENT shall provide all cleaning equipment in safe and good working order and all detergents, ladder and cleaning equipment that will be required to perform the work (COMMERCIAL). No responsibility is undertaken for using same. Any special and/ or specific products and/ or machinery shall be provided by the CLIENT. FINECLEAN reserves the right to decline any or all special request.
- Start and collection times given by FINECLEAN are only an estimate as traffic conditions and taxi transport of FINECLEANERS are beyond our control, the amount of FINECLEANERS working on any given day can also take less or more time, the high season takes a lot more time, as do month ends.
- FINECLEAN reserves the right to request, accept and/ or reject any relevant and valid Student Identification to prove eligibility for Student Pack.
- FINECLEAN reserves the right to suspend its cleaning service if a bill is not paid on presentation or at the start of the month, week or day due as the case may be.
- Unless agreed prior to the first visit, payment is required on commencement of cleaning, any other arrangements are subject to FINECLEAN management consent.
- Prices as per estimate and or quote are for labour only in terms of cleaning as requested and agreed to by FINECLEAN unless otherwise agreed to by FINECLEAN. FINECLEAN reserves the right to amend an estimate and /or quote if on arrival conditions and or circumstances are substandard or vary from the information provided to FINECLEAN to obtain either said quote or estimate. Any additional work required will incur a charge of £15 per any extra hour.
- Working with or around contractors and /or other service providers can require up to 50% more time to complete the same work and FINECLEAN reserves the right to amend any cost estimates and /or quotes and this will result in a charge of £15 per any extra hour.
- Unless otherwise requested and agreed prior to the first visit, FINECLEAN shall provide all cleaning equipment in safe and good working order and all detergents, ladder and cleaning equipment that will be required to perform the work (DOMESTIC). No responsibility is undertaken for using same. Any special and/ or specific products and/ or machinery shall be provided by the client. FINECLEAN reserves the right to decline any or all special request.
- Collection and returning of keys by FINECLEAN will attract a surcharge dependent on distance and or time in terms of such extra service. Should there be any loss of such key or key, the liability will be limited to the actual cost of the key only (max £30).
- The CLIENT has the responsibility to deactivate any alarms and no responsibility for the triggering of an alarm system or costs related to a response will be accepted by FINECLEAN.
- FINECLEAN reserves the right to suspend or cancel a cleaning service if there are problems with the access, water or electricity supplies, or problems working with and/ or around other contractors and /or service providers, as well as interference from any party. The client will still be held liable for the full cost of the agreed service.
Claims and Complaints:
- The CLIENT is responsible for reporting any incident, breakage, damage and loss within 12 hours of completion of the service. Failure to do so will nullify any claim.
- The CLIENT is responsible for securing – cash, jewellery and any other items of value. FINECLEAN pays staff extremely well and has a zero tolerance policy in terms of theft and dishonesty. No responsibility or liability is however accepted for any of the above. The CLIENT may inspect the bag of an FINECLEANER, on arrival and on leaving or keep same in a safe place during service.
- If a CLIENT suspects theft or actual theft has taken place, it is the CLIENT’s responsibility to report the incident to both FINECLEAN management and your local police in England. The client will lay a charge of theft if actual theft has taken place and follow through to the point of actual prosecution. FINECLEAN is indemnified against any claim.
- The CLIENT or an appointed representative has the responsibility to be present both at the start and end of each service and to inspect any cleaning performed. This will enable FINECLEAN to rectify any substandard work while still on the premises. Where a CLIENT is not there and FINECLEAN was aware of that and FINECLEAN is only advised later, we will arrange another free visit to rectify any substandard work or on the next clean. This falls away if we were not advised the client would be absent.
- Complaints need to be made within 24 hours of the completion of the service.
- The CLIENT is responsible for securing or removing all fragile or easily breakable, or valuable items from areas that need to be cleaned. Items excluded from any liability by FINECLEAN are cash, jewellery, artworks, antiques and items of sentimental value.
- Lost keys, if lost by an FINECLEAN representative will be limited in terms of liability by FINECLEAN to the actual cost of the lost key subject to a maximum amount of £30 in total.
- FINECLEAN reserves the right not to be liable if service is postponed due to broken equipment, or any circumstances beyond our direct control, or if there are issues in terms of safety.
- FINECLEAN reserves the right not to be responsible for accidental damage of any nature up to the value of £100 (one hundred sterling pound).
- FINECLEAN has PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE to cover any accidental damages caused by a FINECLEAN member of staff at a point of service, subject to the damages been reported within 24 hours of completion of the service in writing via email to FINECLEAN. This is restricted to actual damage and consequential damage is not covered nor will FINECLEAN be held liable for such.
- Insurance will not cover anything that may break down or stop working at any time and this would include but is not restricted to vacuum, computer, fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher, stove, oven, washing machine and tumble dryer or the instability of any item which the CLIENT is already aware of, such as headboards, bathroom fixtures or other property fittings. And or chipped or cracked items or services. The CLIENT is obliged to notify FINECLEAN management of fittings that are poorly secured, not secured or appliances that are not in proper working order. No liability will be accepted by FINECLEAN for any of the above or for damage caused directly or indirectly to anything else or anyone else. Any appliance moved for any reason is done at the risk of the CLIENT.
- PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE certificate can be shared upon request, however, FINECLEAN reserves the right not to share any confidential company information or documents.
Good business relationships:
- No CLIENT will be entitled to a full or partial refund; this is subject to the discretion of FINECLEAN.
- Should a CLIENT not be satisfied with the level of service from an FINECLEANER and such is conveyed to FINECLEAN within the prescribed 24hr period of completion of the service, FINECLEAN reserves the right to do a re-clean of the specific area at an agreed time by both parties. The CLIENT will need to be present during the re-clean.
- A re-clean will only be carried out once.
- Access to Property and/ or Premise.
- In order to enable FINECLEAN to undertake the services, the CLIENT agrees to give to the FINECLEAN a key and/or details of any relevant access codes. If the CLIENT has an alarm and if a code is not provided to the Contractor, it is expected that the alarm will be turned off on the days that the services are to be provided.
- FINECLEAN agrees to keep any details of keys and access codes strictly confidential and take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of any physical keys and access codes. FINECLEAN accepts no liability of any nature for any losses that may arise from the CLIENT provision of any key and/or access details and the Client hereby indemnifies FINECLEAN in respect of any losses that may be sustained as a result, howsoever caused.
- If FINECLEANERS are prevented from gaining access to the CLIENT’S property and/ or premises to carry out work as arranged, the time lost to FINECLEAN shall be considered. The client will be held liable for 50% of the service fee and or costs related to such. FINECLEAN reserves the right to invoice the CLIENT accordingly.
Cancellation, Postponement and Special Requests:
- A contracted or routine service may be postponed or cancelled as the case may be up to 48 hours (2 days) prior to an agreed starting time of the cleaning service. The request must be per email or direct telephone call with FINECLEAN and needs to be confirmed by FINECLEAN to be valid.
- The CLIENT undertakes to be liable for the full fee should the request be made within the 48 hr. period (less than 48 hrs.).
- One-Off Cleans bookings will be subject to a cancellation fee of 50% unless made 48 hours (2 working days) in advance in writing via email and confirmed by FINECLEAN.
- A deposit of 50% is required in advance for ONE-OFF CLEAN bookings, payment of such shall be completed on the day of quote/estimate service visit – any deposit received will be offset against fees due. Deposits held are not refundable.
- Unless a specific contract is in place all regular on-going services be it, daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly require a full calendar months’ notice to terminate the service. The notice must be made in writing via email. A text and/or telephone call will not be accepted as notice. Failure by the client to provide the stipulated notice, the CLIENT accepts liability for all fees due over the notice period.
Employing FINECLEAN staff:
- No staff member or ex-staff of FINECLEAN may be offered or given temporary or permanent employment by the client directly or indirectly (family, work) without prior negotiation with FINECLEAN. The period of protection is agreed to as 6 (six) months. This applies to the date of termination of services of FINECLEAN by the client irrespective of any cause or reason. Should a staff or ex-staff member be employed within the said 6 month period the CLIENT agrees to be liable for a referral fee calculated of £500.
- The CLIENT accepts that FINECLEAN is a staff recruitment and placement business and FINECLEAN will charge a placing fee of 16% based on the full annual cost to the client in terms of an employment contract negotiated with FINECLEAN in terms of negotiating employment of an FINECLEANER.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the relevant United Kingdom law, and by agreeing to be bound by them the customer agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant courts of the United Kingdom.
FINECLEAN reserves the right to make any changes to any part of these terms and conditions without giving any prior notice. Should any of the above clauses change all existing customers will be notified.
Any and all forms of communication with FINECLEAN are covered by the above terms and condition.
Please check this website for updates.